1. The ones who love to call you a fresh graduate – no matter how many years it has been since you graduated
For them your opinion will never matter until you have grown a few white hair to show that you have aged – doesn’t matter if mentally you are still stuck in the age when you first began watching “Friends”.
2. The ones who will never understand what your majors were or the work you do
They will incessantly ask you to get a job but every time you try to tell them you already have one, they will be like, “oh yeah, that’s good… but get a proper job.” “Okay.”
3. The ones who tell you that you’re making a mistake if you think about quitting your job.
We as a society have a knack for sticking on to things we hate – particularly marriages and jobs that have stopped fulfilling us. Except when you’re fresh off the boat, you are buzzing with too many ideas & plans to just give up things to the hands of fate.
4. The ones who try to give you work but no money.
These people have grand plans for their business, except they have no money to give out to people who invest their time and effort into helping them. Except they will only tell you that after you have held your end of the bargain. To them, I just say, “The University of Karma has got my back, bitch.”
5. The ones who will tell you that your next goal should be marriage.
These are just my favourite types of people because it’s so easy to scandalise them. You can say anything between “no” or “hmm” and they will give you an equally shocked reaction. “But beta, everyone needs a life partner after some time”. “Great, so I have some time then. Bye bye now.”